Water damage is every homeowner’s worst nightmare.
Plumbing emergencies can have a lasting impact on not only your home’s value but the health of those inside as well.
We aren’t just talking about the obvious mishaps… standing water to your knees in your kitchen, 6 inches of sludge in your basement from a sewer line backup during a family gathering…
We know… because we’ve seen it all. And while we’ve been able to help countless people recover from these and other home disasters, we know we can help many more of you by sharing some tips we’ve learned along the way.
- Check Your Gutters and Downspouts. If water can’t flow through the gutter tray to its intended destination, it will ALWAYS find somewhere to go. That’s often down exterior walls, and into cracks which over time will not only cause damage to the structure, but also internal decay and mold growth. Keep your gutters and downspouts clear of debris at all times. Ideally downspouts discharge water at least 3 ft from the base of your home although we recommend 5 ft.
- Examine Your Basement. While examining your basement, you want to look for any cracks in the flooring or the walls. Has mold started to grow? Does it smell? Is it damp? These are signs of damage.
- Assess the Grade. Rainwater should flow away from the house at all times. To prevent both minor and potentially catastrophic water damage, such as foundation issues or basement flooding, the grade of your landscaping around your home’s perimeter should be assessed. To prevent pooling water, the ground adjacent to the home should slope gently away from the house at a rate of about six inches over ten lateral feet.
- Schedule a Sump Pump and Water Heater Inspection. The pump should also be tested annually to ensure that it does what it is meant to do, at the first sign of trouble, and that it disposes of the water in an ideal location, away from the house. Save yourself the time, trouble, and money by scheduling a sump pump PLUS water heater inspection with a certified Warrior technician TODAY! (Matt insert link to Spring Bundle special here)
- If you are reading this after the fact and think you have existing damage, please CALL US NOW! We will take the time that you deserve to explain the importance of having your home inspected and go over all of the various possibilities with you once we have taken a look. You don’t have to take this on alone. We have seen it all and we are happy to help you navigate the process. For a general idea of what we do in a typical water restoration job, please read below.
As you know, water has a way of getting into every nook and cranny. In addition to flooding, your property may have damaged furniture, flooring, and drywall. The structure of your property may have been weakened by water and early signs of mold could be spreading.
An experienced Warrior plumber can mitigate this type of water damage.
What is water restoration exactly? Unfortunately, it is much more than just the drying and cleaning up of a property. Simple surface drying is not true water removal, and it is often not enough to remove the threat of bacteria and viruses. When you hire Warrior Plumbing and Heating, an experienced plumber will work with you and your insurance company to ensure your experience is as painless as possible. Once your insurance company determines coverage, Warrior Plumbing and Heating will obtain your permission to begin the restoration process.
We will begin with water extraction and removal of any unsalvageable contents and structures (including personal property, carpet and other flooring, drywall, paneling, shelving, cabinets, etc.). Then we’ll clean, disinfect, deodorize, and dry the affected areas. All harmful and water damaged debris will be removed from the property and disposed of safely.
The damage to your property and contents are thoroughly investigated and documented per your insurance company’s standards with photos taken before, during, and after restoration so that your claim can be processed quickly. Once restoration is finished, Warrior Plumbing and Heating offers complete renovation services.
As a small family owned and operated business, Warrior Plumbing and Heating seeks to treat all of our customers as if they were part of the family. We care about you and want to ensure that, if your property becomes damaged by water, you can rest assured knowing you are in good hands with us.
While we hope that the need for water restoration never arises, Warrior Plumbing and Heating is available 24/7/365 at 443-967-3736 should you need us.